Prices from: B$120 (Adult) | B$90 (Child)
Price shown is in Brunei Dollar (BND)
Tour code : Az-02
Tour duration: 0745 – 1600 hrs
Minimum: 2 persons
Prices applicable for city centre pick up only (SIC)
Ulu Temburong Brunei’s first National Park. It has been protected since 1991 and preserved for scientific research and low Eco-Tourism. Due to it remote location, there are few visitors and journey itself is an adventurous.
It begins with 45-minute by speedboat ride from Bandar Seri Begawan through a network of the rivers and channels. You’ll pass by dense mangrove forests and may see some of the vast array of wildlife along the way if you are very lucky. Continue by overland transfer from Bangar Town, to Batang Duri (the end of the roads). From there, travel upstream through the rapids of the Temburong River using longboats known as ‘Temuai’ all the ways to National Park entrance.
After registered exploring begins from National Park Registeration counter, walking through concrete path then crossing suspension bridges acrossing Temburong river before ascending over 700++ stairscase up to canopy walkways (sky tower) located on the hill between two valley. Enjoy spectacular view from the top of the canopy viewing point to see the beautiful scenery. After canopy next stop visit fishspa waterfall. Last activities floating with tube downstream to Az Back to Nature Campsite. Enjoy the local buffet lunch serve at AZ Nature Camp overlooking Temburong rivers. Free and easy.
|07:15||Pickup from City Hotel and transfer to Ferry Terminal|
|07:45||Departure Bandar Seri Begawan bound to Temburong by speedboat take approx 45 minute boat ride|
|08:30||Arrival at Temburong jetty,and overland transfer to Batang Duri 20 minute drive. Along the way enjoy the scenery countryside and passby Iban longhouses.|
|09:00||Arrival at Batang Duri longboat jetty is a gateway to National Park Ulu Temburong|
|09:30||Departure by longboat to National Park Entrance the journey take 30 minute|
|10:00||Arrive at National Park entrance / Registered|
|11:00||Hiking begin over 700++ steps to Canopy base then continue climb the tower to viewing the forest canopy as resemblance as green ocean wave|
|12:30||Visit to pedicure fishspa waterfall
Floating on rubber tube downstream to Az Back to Nature Campsite (depend on water condition)
|13:00||Lunch at Az Back to Nature Campsite|
|14:00||Depart downstream by longboat to Batang Duri|
|14:30||Arrival at Batang Duri and transfer to Bangar jetty|
|15:00||Arrival at Bangar jetty|
|15.15||Depart Bangar by speedboat for return to BSB|
|16.00||Arrive BSB -Tour ends|
- Buffet local Lunch
- All transportation – land and river
- Lot’s of things to see and do
- A trained guide to describe the area and its wildlife.
- National Park Entrance
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing that can get wet or dirty.
- Sun cream
- Swim suit and small towel
- An effective sun hat (preferably with chin strap)
- Your favourite insect repellent
- Raincap incase afternoon thunderstorm
- Sandals or flip flop highly recommended for walking to waterfall
- Waterproof bags to protect your valuable items
- Shoes with good grip for slippery pathways
- You will be in the outdoors all day. The environment may be effected by heat, cold, rain, and sun. The river could be high or low depending upon recent rain falls. The program may need to adjust to these conditions and the interests/abilities of your group. Our staff will advise you of the current conditions and whether these might alter your schedule, if necessary.
- Life jackets, helmets, other safety equipment and activity operating practices are all in line with recognized international standards.
- Temburong is remarkably free of biting insects and most people don’t use any insect repellent. But some people are more susceptible than others, so bring your favorite insect repellent that works for you.