Prices from: B$72 (Adult) | B$44 (Child)
Price shown is in Brunei Dollar (BND)
Tour code : Az-05
Tour duration: 2 hours
Minimum: 2 persons
Departs daily at 0900 and 1600 Hours
Just minutes from the center of Bandar Seri Begawan are isolated mangroves where nature still dominates.
The boat leaves the center of Bandar Seri Begawan, traveling past the old and new Water Villages housing towards the mangrove-lined waterways. Moving quietly along the narrow mangrove channels, stopping to listen and look for the birds and animal life that call the mangroves home. If you are lucky you can observe the shy proboscis monkey. (Only found in Borneo) Our guide will explain the mangrove ecology and some of the diversity of plant and animal life in the tangle of mangroves, vines, palms and trees. The boat returns to the center of Bandar Seri Begawan stopping along the way to visit a local house to have morning or afternoon tea.
|Morning Departure||Afternoon Departure||Program|
|0800||1600||Depart from Yayasan jetty- Watch the Water village come alive- Pass the water village on the way to the mangroves|
|0800||1630||Explore the Mangroves- Look for the local wildlife|
|0930||1730||Arrive at the water village- Walk along the maze of walkways on the water village- Visit a local house & light refreshments.|
|0945||1745||Depart the water village|
|1000||1800||Arrive at the Yayasan jetty|
- Morning/afternoon teas
- All transport – river
- Lots of things to see and do
- A guide to describe the area and its wildlife.
- Safety equipment
- Rain-cape, in case of an afternoon storm
What to Bring
- Lots of sun protection.
- Camera – plus lots of film
- An effective sun hat (preferably with chin strap)
- Some small snacks if you think you’ll get hungry on route (please don’t drop the wrappers).
- Plastic bags to waterproof your valuable items (e.g. camera) on the river trips
- Your favorite insect repellent
- Your sense of adventure
- You will be in the outdoors for the duration of this tour and may be affected by heat, cold, rain, and sun.
- The water level could be high or low depending upon recent rainfalls and tides.
- The program may need to be adjusted to meet the conditions.
- Our staff will advise you of the current conditions and whether these might be any alterations to your schedule, if necessary.